By Kevin Norman
This is a single-player word game. The object of the game is to guess a word, letter by letter, while making the fewest wrong guesses as possible. This Hang Man game has the theme of “martial arts.”
You may define the difficulty level: Easy, Medium, Hard, or Custom. The difficulty level determines the session length (how many words you want to guess in the game), the presence or lack of hints, etc.
Each word is presented as a series of blank lines. Each line is a non-guessed letter in the word. You suggest a letter from the alphabet. If that letter is one of the characters in the word, then it is placed into the word. Otherwise the picture of a hung man is begun or continued! One man is hung if you guess incorrectly six times. When you guess one word, the next word will be presented to you.
The game ends when you guess all the words in the session. Then the number of hung men is counted and you will see your result.
The “Settings” screen allows you to adjust the game options.
<Up/Down arrows> to select the item or button “Start.”
<Left/Right arrows> to choose a setting of the item. For the numeric input field, use numeric keys to set its value.
<Enter> to accept the change. Press
<Esc> to reject the change.
Choose the “Start” button and press
<Enter> to start the game.
To suggest a letter, use
<Arrows> or press the alpha key to set the pointer over it and press
<Select> . Attention: If you’ve switched on “Hot Keys” in the settings of this game, when you press an alpha key it will automatically be selected.
<Esc> to exit.
COPYRIGHT © 2001 CYBIKO, Inc.
- 0-ico.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
- font-pic.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
- intro-pic.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
- root-ico.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
- root-spl.txt - Text file converted from iso-8859-1 to utf-8 using iconv
- t-pic.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
- visel-pic.png - Screenshot of PicView.exe from Cybiko SDK
Let me know what you thought! Tweet me at @normankev141